Kilgore Memorial Library
The City of York has supported public library services since 1894. In the early years, the City supported the Women's Club Library established in 1885. The City took on full responsiblity for the library with the completion of the York Public Library building in 1902.
The 14,000-square-foot Kilgore Memorial Library, home of the library since 1986, was a gift to the community from the Dr. W. Sherwood Kilgore Estate.
The library contains approximately 66,000 items in multiple media formats. The average annual circulation is approximately 75,000 with more than 2,500 individuals borrowing one or more items annually.
The library's automated system includes catalog and loan functions. The catalog, a News Index / Community Resources Database, and many other links to internet resources about the community are available on the web.
The library's offerings include:
- children's story hours
- summer reading programs
- meeting and study rooms
- public access computers with internet access
- various types of projection equipment
- Die-cutter and dies
For more information, please contact:
Kilgore Memorial Library Web Site
Library Phone: (402) 363-2620