Parks & Recreation Department
The Community Center's new website is under construction! For the latest information please call 402-363-2630 or checkout our Facebook page: York Parks & Recreation
April 7, 8-6
April 10, 5-10
April 18, 5-10
Classes are $200 for a hardcopy of the book of $165 for downloaded copy. Must be present for all of class. For more information please call 402-363-2630 or email: email@example.com
Upcoming Youth Programs:
April - Be a Builder, Rookie All Star
May - Hershey Track Meet, Spring into Summer
Upcoming Adult Programs
Disc Golf League
Ongoing Adult Programs
For more information about the following programs please call 402-363-2630, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out Facebook!
- Youth Programs
Check out the youth programs offered NOW- FEB! There is something for 3 year olds - 5th graders!
- Adult Programs
- Summer Games V
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of York & their guests by providing and/or facilitating quality leisure activities while protecting & improving our environment.
In the City of York you can find 6 beautiful parks:
- Miller Park on 17th & Edison Avenue. This park includes softball fields, restrooms, picnic tables and playgrounds
- East Hill Park on 6th & Blackburn Avenue. East Hill Park is the home to a brand new concession stand, restrooms and storage area for the City of York and East Hill ballfield. Make sure you check it out during the 2011 season. This park also has playground equipment, sand volleyball courts, tennis courts, picnic shelters. East Hill Park is the home field of York High School football, York College baseball and soccer along with York Cornerstone Legion baseball.
- Beaver Creek Park - Trails along Beaver Creek. There are 1.8 miles of trails that follow the creek through York. Its a beautiful trail to walk, bike, or run on a hot summer day. The trail stretches over 145 acres. The trails are lined with basketball courts, tennis courts, play areas and restrooms.
- Foster Park Arboretum on 2nd & East Avenue. This site is perfect for the summer sun. Full of blooming flowers and differernt speices of trees. Foster Park is a State Arboretum Site can can be used for family reunions, weddings and more!
- Duke Park on Duke Drive. Duke Park is located south of York High School. This park includes restrooms, play equipment, and a ballfield.
- Harrison Park on Academy Street. This park is full of playground equipment: Swings, slides, ladders, and a merry-go-round. It also has horse shoe pits, sand volleyball court and a great hill to sled down in the winter months. You can hike on the hill, picnic in the shelter as well.
For more information about the parks and playgrounds click the "Parks & Playground" link.
The York City Auditorium located on 6th and Nebraska is your place! It is available for receptions, meetings, auctions, home shows, sporting events and craft fairs.
Learn more about renting the City Auditorium by clicking the "Facilities" link.
The York Commuinty Center is the place to go rain or shine. It is the home of a 25 meter swimming pool that can be used to lap swim, hang out with your friends, participate in a water aerobics class, take swim lessons or lifeguard. Even when you need a place to relax the hot tub is always welcoming.
A full size basketball court is always a great way to stay in shape. Get your friends together for a pick-up game and to practice your skills. The basketball court can also be transformed into a volleyball court.
The York Community Center also has a racquetball court and a walleyball court. Racquetball is an excellent way to improve your eye/hand coordination! Walleyball is a game of volleyball that involves using the side walls to score a point. It is a very fun game to play so get your friends together and head down to the community center!
The weight room is full of new equipment including treadmills and ellipicals. It is now located in the baseball of the Community Center.
Click the "Facilities" link to learn more about the York Community Center, memberships, and hours.
Keep those winter pounds off by being active at the York Community Center!
Be a Part of the York Parks and Recreation Team!
The City of York is looking for vibrant people that enjoy working with others, are reliable, and take pride in a job well done. Position openings of: Youth Program Supervisors, Lifeguards, Night Supervisor, along with FAC Pool Manager and Assistant Manager. Applications can be found below, at the York Community Center or call 402-363-2630. Must be 15 years old to apply. Full and part time positions available. Apply Today! Applications can be sent to the following address: 211 E. 7th St. York, NE 68467