Water Division The City of York Water Division provides water service within the corporate limits.
- There are in excess of 3,300 services connection to the water distribution system.
- The system is supplied by 16 wells averaging 300 feet in depth.
- The combined pumping capacity of the system is 6,100 gallons per minute, and storage capacity is 1,975,000 gallons.
- The average daily demand on the system is 1,748,000 gallons, and the historic peak daily demand in 6,470,000 gallons.
- The system has a maximum capacity of 9,964,800 gallons per day.
- The static pressure of the water system is 40-80 pounds and residual pressure is 35-70 pounds.
- Water services is financed by user fees based on a customer service charge and consumption based on volume of water used.
Wastewater Division The Wastewater Division is responsible for the Treatment Plant and Sewer System maintenance.
- The mechanical treatment plant has a capacity of 5,200,000 gallons per day.
- The plant has an average daily flow of 1,318,,000 gallons and an historical peak discharge of 5,573,000 gallons.
- The sanitary sewer service provided to residents is financed by user fees determined by customer wastewater volume discharge, and includes a customer service charge.
Billing Office: 402-363-2600
Director of Public Works
Office phone: 402-363-2600
Office location: 100 E. 4th Street
Mailing address: P. O. Box 507, York, Nebraska 68467
Email: Public Works
Freight address: Water - 303 E. Nobes Road; Wastewater - 814 E. Nobes Road
Other Utility ContactsFor electrical service, contact: NPPD at 877-275-6773
For gas service, contact: Black Hills Energy at 888-890-5554
For cable service, contact: Time Warner at 402-362-6397
For telephone service, contact: Windstream at 800-501-1754
Call Before You Dig!It is the law in Nebraska that prior to any digging, the site shall be cleared by Diggers Hotline. Call the universal number 811 and be prepared to provide your name, the location of the job, contractor doing the work, type of work, and start date. All utilities will be notified to locate any possible obstacles to your digging and flag the underground locations.
- Water Rates & Charges - Chapter 37, Article II, York City Code
- Industrial Users Defined - Chapter 37, Article III, York City Code